- Your satisfaction is extremely important to us. If you are unhappy for any reason with your groom, contact us within 48 hours and we will schedule a time for you to come back for an adjustment.
- Occasionally grooming can expose a hidden medical problem or aggravate a current one. This can occur during or after grooming. Please make sure to alert us of any current or past health issues so we may keep an eye out for them. All medical expenses for veterinary care will be covered by the pet's owner upon signing this contract.
- Although accidents are rare, there is always a risk when dealing with animals. Grooming equipment is sharp and although we use extreme caution and care in all situations, possible problems could occur including; nicks, cuts, scratches, quicking of the nails, etc. In most cases this will happen if an animal is wiggling or moving around.
- Your pets safety and comfort are our number one priority. In the event an accident does occur, you will be notified immediately. If Apple Creek feels an injury is serious and we are not able to immediately contact the owner, Apple Creek will seek veterinary care for your pet.
- If your pet has any fleas and the owner cannot be contacted immediately your dog will be given a flea bath at a cost of $25. If the flea infestation is severe, Apple Creek has the right to take your dog to the vet for proper care.
Aggressive Dogs/Refusal of service
- Apple Creek Kennel has the right to refuse any service at any time. In the event your pet is too stressed or becomes dangerous to groom, Apple Creek may stop grooming services at any time before or during the groom and the client will be charged a grooming fee for what was done up until that point.
- Matted coats are not just unsightly, they're uncomfortable, painful and can cause serious health issues. Animals with severely matted coats require extra attention. Mats in an animals coat grow tight, and can ultimately damage and tear the skin, which provides a breeding ground for parasite infestations.
- Mats can be very difficult and painful to remove and may require your pet to be shaved. Removing a heavily matted coat can cause nicks, cuts or abrasions due to skin growths trapped in the mats. Heavy matting can also trap moisture and urine near the pets skin allowing mold, fungus or bacteria to grow, producing skin irritations that existed prior to the grooming process.
- After-effects of mat removal procedures can include itchiness, skin redness, self-inflicted irritations or abrasions, and failure of the hair to regrow. In some cases pets may also exhibit brief behavioral changes. Prevention is the best defense by scheduling regular grooming appointments (every 4-8 weeks) and discussing proper home care with your groomer.
- If your pet needs to be shaved to remove matting, by signing below you acknowledge you agree to this procedure and any risk involved. There may be additional charges for this process as it is time consuming and causes extra wear and tear on grooming equipment.
- All spa clients must provide a phone number so you can be reached during your dogs appointment. If our groomers encounter matting that cannot be removed without pain or distress we will contact you first. If the owner cannot be reached we will stop services until the owner can be reached or the owner will pay only for services provided. Photographs
- This release authorizes Apple Creek Kennel to take photos of your pet for your client file and for company social media.