ACK policy requires all dogs who are Boarding, attending Daycare, or receiving Spa Services at ACK have current rabies, distemper/parvo & bordetella vaccinations. Ensuring all dogs are properly vaccinated is an important part of providing a safe environment for all our guests.
Note: All vaccines given prior to Feb 15, 2020 are considered grandfathered in - the new criteria must be followed upon expiration
As it takes time for the antibodies to give your pet full protection against contagious diseases, all vaccines given after Feb 15, 2020 must meet the following criteria:
All vaccines must be administered by a veterinarian. Consideration may be given to vaccine administered by a breeder, rescue group or shelter.
Vaccination Requirements for Dogs over 6 months of age
- ACK requires Distemper/Parvo & Rabies vaccinations be given either prior to their current expiration date or, if vaccine has expired, 14 days prior to arrival if the vaccines are expired.
- ACK requires an intranasal Bordetella vaccination be given either prior to a current expiration date or if Bordetella vaccination has expired a minimum of 7 days prior to arrival. An Oral or SubQ (injectable) vaccine is acceptable if given prior to a current expiration date or a minimum of 14 days prior to arrival. These vaccines must be updated every 12 months.
- ACK recommends the intranasal Bordetella vaccination contain a parainfluenza vaccine & adenovirus-2 vaccine. By protecting your pet from these 3 common Canine Cough agents rather just 1 you can reduce the chance of infection.
Note: While distemper combo vaccines such as DHPP or DAPP also contain protection from parainfluenza & adenovirus1 & sometimes adenovirus 2 – studies have found the live intranasal form of the vaccine provides quicker & more complete protection.
Requirements for puppies under 6 months of age
- Puppies must be a minimum of 12 weeks of age to attend an ACK Meet & Greet Tour.
- Puppies are generally considered fully vaccinated around 16 weeks old. They normally receive a series of distemper/parvo combo vaccinations (Puppy shots) at intervals (usually three to four vaccinations) with the last vaccination occurring around 16 weeks of age.
- Puppies must receive their 2nd distemper/parvo vaccination 10 days prior to their M/G Tour & their 3rd vaccination prior to staying at ACK.
- Puppies must receive an Intranasal Bordetella vaccination 10 days prior to M/G Tour.
An oral or SubQ (injectable) vaccine is acceptable if given 14 days prior to their tour.
- Rabies vaccine is required by 6 months of age. Dogs usually receive their rabies vaccine between 4 - 6 months of age.
- Exemption from the Rabies vaccination is not allowed.
A Rabies titer test may indicate appropriate levels of antibodies but state law does not recognize titer test results.
- Exemption from the Distemper/Parvo vaccine is allowed provided the dog’s veterinarian issues a written statement outlining the waiver of the vaccine.
- Exemption from the Bordetella vaccine is not allowed.